Translate

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Day 406 of Giving Thanks – Guest Writer, Julie Gorman

Christmas Day 
I quietly snuck behind our Christmas tree, picking up the small, plastic mold of baby Jesus and cried, “Jesus, I’m so sorry I didn’t get you a present. Today is your birthday and I didn’t get you anything.” Tears flowed strongly, as my tender little heart yearned to do something special for Him. I know what I can do. I thought. And, without hesitation I began to softly sing…Happy Birthday to you…Happy Birthday to you…Happy Birthday dear Jesus…Happy Birthday to you.

Ahhhh, if only I could have the innocence of being six years old again.

As I reflect on that endearing Christmas memory, I think how precious I must have appeared to God.

Today, many years have passed and unfortunately, my passion to please God gets tainted with my own needs, wants, and wishes. I spend so much time asking, interceding and longing for God to intervene on my behalf that I often forget to pause, and sing Him a melody of thanks.

Yet today, on Christmas Day, somewhere inside me, lays the same tender heart, longing to honor God and offer Him a song….a song of thanks, a song of surrender, a song of dedication and humility.

How about you?

Today as we celebrate the birth of our Lord and Savior…the day Jesus, “Immanuel, God with us” came in the flesh, I want to encourage you…

Don’t miss your chance to offer God thanks. Replace your worries, your what if’s, and your endless list of needs with a simple prayer of thanks.

And here’s a thought: Our worship is no less endearing, no less desired, than the simple purity I offered to Him at age six.

God longs for our affection. He longs to hear of our love. So, will you join with me and take a moment to GIVE THANKS for the wonderful hope He’s given us in Jesus.


His Love Extended:
Julie Gorman




No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me