Translate

Friday, December 24, 2010

Day 405 of Giving Thanks

And Gabriel said to Mary, “Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you.” ~Luke 1:28

And Elizabeth said to Mary, “In a loud voice she exclaimed: “Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the child you will bear!”, and she continued, “Blessed is she who has believed that the Lord would fulfill his promises to her!”~Luke 1:42 and 45

What would that have been like, knowing that you have won God’s favor, and would carry a savior into the world? The magnitude of that overwhelming task – and as I sit here, an adult woman, I think of what God placed on a young girl – isn’t it amazing what is accomplished with God?

“Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying, “Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests."” ~Luke 2:13-14

Tomorrow is Christmas, and this year is much different – there is a change in my heart. Christmas this year, is not the gifts under the tree, or the decorations, the dinner on the table, is a celebration of what has changed in my life.

I am grateful for my life, and all that I have. I am grateful that prayer is available to me all the time. Today, we celebrate the arrival of a King! He is my king… Is He yours? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me