Translate

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Day 389 of Giving Thanks

If someone had said to me a few months ago that my life would be like it is right now, I would have argued with them for days. And, yet, I am in change – and as I reflect upon my life I wonder what God has in store for me. There are days that I feel just like Hannah, wanting something so much, yet knowing that it is beyond my control – so she gave it to God – and in her pleas, that were unrecognizable outwardly, the Lord heard her clearly and every word was received.

“Hannah was praying in her heart, and her lips were moving but her voice was not heard.” ~1 Samuel 1:13

Things are not so clear and, yet there is comfort in knowing that God is in control.  There is a yearning deep within me to do something significant in my life, there always has been – but there is a different sense in me right now.

The significance is not for me to receive accolades or recognition; it is for me to know that a difference is measurable in God’s eyes.

"God is faithful, and He will not let you be tested beyond your strength but with your testing he will also provide the way out so that you may be able to endure it." ~1 Corinthians 10:13 

No matter what circumstance, battles, challenges or obstacles God allows or places before me, I choose to live my life in celebration because of the gifts I have already received.

Celebrate today, for I already have everything you need, because I chose well. 
Celebrate today, for I am lovingly being looked after, guided and protected, because I chose Him. 
Celebrate today, for I have choices, and I have freedoms that are not determined by man, but by my mighty God who freely gives me so much, and already gave ultimately and intimately for me.
Celebrate today, for He already chose me.

“Then Hannah prayed and said: “My heart rejoices in the LORD; in the LORD my horn is lifted high. My mouth boasts over my enemies, for I delight in your deliverance.” ~Samuel 2:1

God granted Hannah favor, her heart’s desire. And, she was grateful. I am grateful that I can state whole-heartedly, that God is faithful then, now and will be in the future. And, because of this, I have already been made richer than I ever dreamed possible, my life is rich, and the wealth is wealth that can be claimed by anyone.

You will be made rich in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God.” ~ 2 Corinthians 9:11

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me