Translate

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Day 399 of Giving Thanks - Guest Writer, Heather Palacious

Shawn's into: Heather is one of my favorite people - her, at times, quirkiness and light-hearted look at life is revealed greatly in her writing, which gives glimpses into her life as a woman of God, wife (pastor's wife, at that), and mom of two wonderful boys. I am grateful for the friendships that God has so amazingly placed in my life. I am grateful for the opportunity to have a friend like Heather. Today, you will see the depth of this wonderful lady, take heart, and quite possibly, take action on this one.

"My Twas the Night"
by Heather Palacios

'Twas the night before Christmas, and all through my town, 
Big red sale signs and flashing lights were above and around.

Tree tents were going up, the smell of pine near, 
It was Christmas, was Thanksgiving even here?

The children were sensing something in the air
Yet I struggled with something, this didn’t seem fair;
On the outside, there was an aura of great fun,
but inside, did I think I was the only one?

Ole’ St. Nick had a better view of this boomin’ town
From the Pole, he saw every face I was around.

He saw a divorcee at Starbucks alone,
The kid at the mall, avoiding his home,
The moon was rising, dark came on fast,
But from the Pole, he could see the aghast.

 “That afluent family, you think has it all?”
“Not true. Thru their windows there is only a wall.”
“The bagger at the market? Today with no reply?”
“Not one person spoke to him, not even a sigh.”

 “And on your street, what a place for potential”
“If you’d stop, you’d see their hurting torrential”
“And see those hanging at the corners of stoplights—“
“They are humans with hearts, not money-needing mites.”

May I offer a Santa tip with this affair?
Hoping my name conveys, I speak because I care.

If there’s a thing inside, a holiday ache,
Stop for a moment, it’s God speaking…take a break
My view’s the North Pole, but God’s view is quite precise
He nudges from what he sees, he doesn’t think twice—

This season, God implores, “
Please help from where you are.
At Starbucks, the market, the inside of your car

Sure, at Christmas, I could reach down, help those nearby
But I’d like to partner with you, won't you try?”

 Let’s slow down and make the season a journey.”
You’re made in my image, with love there’s no hurry
When in a shopping lot, take your cart to the man,
Tell him thanks and go ahead, why not…shake his hand.

Eating out tonight? Ask your server for more –
More about her life, what her future has in store.
I think you get the idea, it’s “tis the season”
to have Christmas fun and yet give without reason. 

You know the last line; don’t forget this word, alright?
It’s: Merry Christmas to A-L-L and to A-L-L a good night

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me