Translate

Monday, December 27, 2010

Day 408 of Giving Thanks

All weekend I was confronted with the coming of a New Year; and, traditionally, like most Americans, that is a time of setting goals and making plans to reach them. As this the New Year approaches, many thoughts come into my mind. What will I do in this coming year? Is the question really, “What will God do in this new year with me? How will God use me? Am I doing the right things? And, the biggest question of all for me right now is “What is my purpose?”

"But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.” ~Matthew 6:33 (NIV)

Last year I was planning something totally different than this year. I had been on a journey that seemed to be “right on track”, I had everything “in order” and things were “moving along nicely”. And, somehow things have changed; I am on an entirely different path. And, no matter how hard I try, I cannot quantitatively figure out how things changed so quickly and drastically. All I can say, is God happened.

There is a part of me that longs to mourn the change, or the loss, but God has done a work in my heart, and there seems to be no need for that. Not yet, or not now anyway. I can only get through my day because of the mighty presence of God. Thank You Lord for providing the Holy Spirit in me, so that I can have a direct line to You every day, all day and every moment. What a wonderful assurance I have.


“But very truly I tell you, it is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go (and He did go), I will send him to you.” ~John 16:7

Today, as I reach out to God, I speak His name and immediately, I am comforted. All my failures and all my dreams that did not come to fruition seem to be distant and not so important any more. There is, in that place, a renewed spirit of adventure in me. So, I will ask again, “How will God use me and What is my purpose?”  Whatever you have for me Lord, I am assured, that…

I
A M
N O T
A L O N E

In the times when failure overwhelms me, lack of direction or loneliness takes over, it is important to remember that He came in body, only to leave in body, but remains in spirit…the Holy Spirit.

Do you now believe?” Jesus replied. “A time is coming and in fact has come when you will be scattered, each to your own home. You will leave me all alone. Yet I am not alone, for my Father is with me.

I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” ~John 16:30-33

I can find relief in His presence and a mighty peace before His throne. At any moment, of any day, I can be with my creator. And, He is there whenever I need Him, all I have to do is call to Him.

“Look at this: look Who got picked by God! He listens the split second I call to Him.” ~ Psalm 4:3

‎"With long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation.”" ~Psalm 91:16

Let us all know that we have God on our side. How awesome is that?

If I am down – all I have to do is look up and He will lift me to Him.
If I am alone – I just call to Him and I will be in His presence.
If I am afraid – I just ask and He will go ahead of me.
If I am in the dark – His light is perfect and readily available to me.

The New Year is a great time to celebrate, and every day is a day to revel in God’s victory in my life... there is so much God has given me, and all is available to you.

KNOW THIS. He is waiting for you to call on Him for help. You have never been alone, and He desires you to know that He is the one that can relieve that stress. He already did the work, you just have to believe that the work was done on your behalf. There is an amazing truth and power in the realization of that.

What does that mean?

For me I know that I cannot live a life worthy of God on my own, alone. So, He requests that we invite Him in. Allow His presence to take away the loneliness and give all the strength required to live this life.


"God loved the world this way: He gave his only Son so that everyone who believes in him will not die but will have eternal life." ~John 3:16

"My eyes are ever on the LORD, for only he will release my feet from the snare. Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted.

Relieve the troubles of my heart and free me from my anguish.  Look on my affliction and my distress and take away all my sins.  See how numerous are my enemies and how fiercely they hate me! Guard my life and rescue me; do not let me be put to shame, for I take refuge in you. May integrity and uprightness protect me, because my hope, LORD, is in You.

"Deliver Israel (ME), O God, from all their (MY)  troubles!” ~Psalm 25:15-22

I am grateful for the outstretched hand of God – total access, 24/7 to the mighty God, creator of the universe, lover of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me