Translate

Friday, December 10, 2010

Day 391 of Giving Thanks - Guest Writer, Sue King

"We are all pencils in the hand of a writing God, who is sending love letters to the world." ~ Mother Teresa

I love this quote from a woman who gave so much of herself to those who where unloved, poverty stricken, homeless, helpless. She gave them physical support and help but most importantly- she gave them love, and she gave them hope.

“And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.” (1 Corinthians 13:13)

You see – we have all been created by a loving God. We have been redeemed by that same love. We are saved by that love. And that love continues to be poured out on us. Whether we love Him or not – the sun still shines on us; the rain still waters our land. We see the beauty of oceans and sunsets, forests and flowers. We have the companionship of family, friends, pets. We eat a feast of delicious foods of infinite variety…whether we love Him or not…..

He won’t ask you to thank Him or to repay Him for the gifts He gives. Doesn’t require a thank-you letter or payment. But when you turn to Him freely and give thanks, turn to Him and acknowledge His lordship – He pours out the blessing of love. Unconditional love of a kind that you will never experience anywhere else. The kind of love that no one and no thing on this earth can provide. The kind of love that fills you so completely that you yearn for a relationship with Him, want to dance and sing with joy – nothing else will satisfy but His love for you. And, you know that this love is not based on what or who you are, where you have been or what you have done, but simply because you are you.

“For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” ~Romans 8:38-39)

When you know that kind of love – that kind of acceptance of who you are – you can’t help but want to pour it out on others- to be God’s little pencil sending love letters to the world.  Love letters that say “I don’t care who you are or what you have done, I care about YOU.”

“Above all things have intense and unfailing love for one another…” ~1 Peter 4:8

I give thanks to Him daily that I know His love for me and that He uses me to send love letters to others.  His extravagant, endless love burns in my heart. When you feel that kind of love the only response that is possible is to share it.

“Oh, for the days when I was in my prime, when God’s intimate friendship blessed my house” ~Job 29:4

I pray that God’s intimate friendship would bless your house. I pray that when you know that kind of intimate fellowship you also will be a pencil in the hand of a loving God who is sending love letters to the world.

Much love to you all.


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
About Sue
God swept me off my feet 8 years ago. He came and filled a space within me that had been yearning and searching for the something that was missing. Only when He came did I know I had been searching for Him. Since then I have grown and loved and lived and dreamed beyond my wildest imaginations. Into every new day I walk with passion and excitement with Him at my side. I pray that you will find Him as I did.

Hi! I am 51, married with three children 14, 17, 19. I work in childcare with 0-5 year olds, love gardening (where God talks to me the most) and LOVE reading! I’m very active in my local church serving in most areas including children’s ministry, worship team (back-up vocalist) and am involved with an intercessory prayer team.

1 comment:

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me