Translate

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Day 386 of Giving Thanks

Today is a simple entry, I am grateful for prayer:
For the ability to pray
For the desire to pray
For the honor to pray

I am grateful for the many times I need to pray, that You remind me to pray…  I am grateful that I have many examples of prayer, why to pray, how to pray, when to pray, to just pray.

“Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed.” Mark 1:35


“But Jesus often withdrew to lonely places and prayed.” ~Luke 5:16


“After Jesus said this, he looked toward heaven and prayed: ‘Father, the hour has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you.” ~John 17:1-3 


“While they were stoning him, Stephen prayed, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.” ~Acts 7:59 

The tests of the changes in me come daily, and I am honored to share my heart’s desire and focus… I encourage you to have a heart of prayer, and be grateful for your circumstances.

A little fun in sharing my day yesterday.
I made it through the day, but only because You were there. Thank You!



When my alarm didn't go off, I heard "time to get up", it was my mom in a dream, and I was a child again.
I prayed, thank You God, for getting me up.

When the clothes in the dryer were still wet, because the hose disconnected from the back of it.
I prayed, Lord, help me be calm; and be on time, in spite of this.
... and I remembered I had a pair of clean jeans in the laundry room, I forgot to put away - clean clothes.
I prayed, thank You Lord for calling what is necessary to mind.

When I dripped toothpaste down my shirt, I realized it was too cold for the shirt I had on anyway, so a warm sweater it was.
I prayed, thank You Lord, just thank You.

When I looked around the house, it was messy. I heard "it's ok, today is Friday, you have all weekend to clean and pick up, relax".
I prayed, thank You for teaching me grace with myself.

When I got out to the car, it was iced over. I slowly walked back in the house and grabbed (an already prepared) pitcher of water to throw on the ice.
I prayed, thank You for reminding to start the car first, then get the water, so I can jump into a warm car.

When I drove down the hill, there was no traffic, but I turned the wrong way, because today I was picking up a friend on the way to work.
I prayed, thank You for lessons of restraint and a "slow to anger" attitude with myself.

When we arrived at work, it was right on time.
I prayed, Father it is only You in me that keeps me calm, collected and I thank You for loving me enough to know every day that I will need You, and that I will come to You.

It is a great day, when I forget my concerns, and remember that He's got me covered.

(NIV) used for this study

© 2011 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me