Translate

Monday, December 13, 2010

Day 394 of Giving Thanks

“A friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future, and accepts you just the way you are." Anonymous

Friendship is the core of our being and I am grateful that God gave me a heart for others, and being relational. I am grateful for great friends; and some of my greatest friends I have never met face to face. Now that is an amazing God, wouldn’t you agree?

“Jonathan said to David, “Go in peace, for we have sworn friendship with each other in the name of the LORD, saying, ‘The LORD is witness between you and me, and between your descendants and my descendants forever.’” ~1 Samuel 20:42

Today, I had the pleasure of getting to know one of these precious friends over the phone; having the opportunity to connect, collaborate and celebrate a mighty God together is such an honor.

The changes that are happening in my life are different from expected. And, I am definitely excited about the unexpected in my life, and God in control.

There is harmony in friendship, with a walk in the same accord, and understanding of where that person has been, and is going, as well as the ability to build and maintain rapport. There is a compliment in friendship that God fully orchestrates friendships with the right focus – and our gifts are even better when we live cooperatively with others within the body.

“God has also given each of us different gifts to use. If we can prophesy, we should do it according to the amount of faith we have. If we can serve others, we should serve. If we can teach, we should teach. If we can encourage others, we should encourage them. If we can give, we should be generous. If we are leaders, we should do our best. If we are good to others, we should do it cheerfully.” ~ Romans 12:6-9 (CEV)

Today, I am very grateful for the friendships that God places in my life – and what I am most grateful for is the friendship that God provides to me personally , and the wonderful thing is that that friendship is also available to everyone else.

“If you live to be 100, I hope to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you.” ~Winnie the Pooh



No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me