Translate

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Day 388 of Giving Thanks

Rest...

“By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on theseventh day he rested from all his work." ~Genesis 2:2

Rest in Him.

“And so this is still a live promise. It wasn't canceled at the time of Joshua; otherwise, God wouldn't keep renewing the appointment for "today." The promise of "arrival" and "rest" is still there for God's people. God himself is at rest. And at the end of the journey we'll surely rest with God. So let's keep at it and eventually arrive at the place of rest, not drop out through some sort of disobedience.” ~ Hebrews 4:9-11

For me that means many things, as I am sure it does for many others. Rest, because without rest, I cannot continue.

When I rest in Him, I allow myself to give up control, and that is what this life here is all about. Giving up who I am, and becoming more like Christ. I am grateful for this journey, and pray that my life reflects resting in Him.

It is Your likeness that we crave so earnestly and strive for in our daily walk, and Your grace we depend on because we will fall short, every time we will fall short. Amazing Father, we know You love us so much and You sacrificed so much, so that all of our falling short could be sinched up and made whole through the unimaginable suffering, the blood, the horific, yet beautiful death and promised resurrection of Jesus - Thank You. 

Healing came when (my) Christ’s blood was shed on the day of His crucifixion; and secured for me the day I believed and accepted that truth. For this I am truly thankful and pray that He can be glorified through the work He has for me to do. That I can give Him praise and worship as I use my talents and my time, as His treasured child to shine brightly as a representative of the kingdom of God.

All things are possible through You, and I know this, because You the mighty creator of heaven and earth can use me, a sinner of flesh, because I have been washed by the blood of Your son, my savior.

“I want you to know how hard I am contending for you and for those at Laodicea, and for all who have not met me personally. My goal is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. I tell you this so that no one may deceive you by fine-sounding arguments.  For though I am absent from you in body, I am present with you in spirit and delight to see how disciplined you are and how firm your faith in Christ is.” ~ Colossians 2:1-5 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me