Translate

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Day 395 of Giving Thanks

For the last two or three days, my prayers have been massive silence, with in and out thoughts of no thoughts at all... I said this morning, Holy Spirit; “I hope You know what I've got in my heart, 'cause it is eluding me”.  I am grateful that even this prayer He hears.

This morning as I woke up, I felt this same uneasiness.  I sat on the couch, and prayed for stillness and I noticed the rain outside, I thought, “wonderful, a cleansing rain”. It was a restless time with the Lord and I have spent most of the day asking God to quiet my spirit, to settle and calm my heart.

All during the day, I found comfort in the little moments seeking God, and asking for His comfort and removal of the anxiety.

And, as the evening progressed, it has still been a struggle; as my mind reels, I think about what is next and how God will pull all the pieces together – how He will connect all the dots. The change that I have been talking about, and that God has been orchestrating in my life, includes so many areas of my life, from work, to passion to health – and the area of my life that is most excited about is my walk with the Lord.

"So Christ himself gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers, to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ." Eph. 4:11-13

I am excited about the connections He has placed before me. My testimony that has been weaved through trials, challenges and pain reveals my convictions. I am excited to share the greatness of the Lord; and sharing this excitement with others, so they too can be enthusiastic about their walk. And, while all this takes place, I ask, “Lord, keep me in the reality of honesty!”

“He who walks with the wise grows wise, but a companion of fools suffers harm.” ~Proverbs 16:20 (NIV)

As my walk with the Lord moves forward, I understand more and more why having challenges is so important to grow. Having the opportunity to walk with others, as they too grow, allows God to work on many things within us – discernment, so that we are ready for solid food.

"But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil." ~Hebrews 5:14

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me