Translate

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Day 393 of Giving Thanks

My husband asked, "What do you want for Christmas?" I answered, "I have everything I want or need”. You see, both my husband and I are completely guilty of getting what we need, and often times what we want – so typically it is very difficult to buy for one another. 


I continued to answer his question, “I know someone else who doesn't have everything they need. And, what if, our senseless became their meaningful?’ Every year, we buy senseless or useless items to "fill stocking" or "fill the gap" under the tree. 


One new tradition, I have in mind is slips of paper with things that we are thankful for under the tree – fortunately, I have been writing Giving Thanks Daily for over a year now, and I can dig into the archives to remember the many things that I am grateful for. It is great to have an opportunity to re-think how we “do” our Christmas celebration, and maybe, even start a new tradition in our household.  To begin to also re-think how many things in my life are done.


“Change does not change tradition. It strengthens it. Change is a challenge and an opportunity; not a threat.~Prince Phillip of England


I am grateful for change, and as I step forward, I embrace this time of my life and look ahead in great anticipation.  It is more than just a change in Christmas tradition; this last year has been a change in my thinking, which is the best change of all. And, all the change is change that the Lord has made. It is perfect change.  I can, everyday, be joyful knowing that I am not alone in all this.



We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.” ~2 Corinthians 10:5 (NIV)



“The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” ~ Lao Tse

 “Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”  ~Philippians 4:4-7

Resolve to be a master of change rather than a victim of change.” ~Brian Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me