Translate

Monday, December 20, 2010

Day 401 of Giving Thanks

Encourage is to inspire with courage, spirit and confidence.
Edify is to instruct or benefit, esp. morally or spiritually; uplift.

The heart-of-the-matter is summed up in many words: commend, support, increase, boost, lift, endorsement, improve, augment, extend, advance, ensue, esteem, extend, widen, depth, strengthen, amplify, exemplify

Lord, thank You for showing me that, as one who needed to be encouraged and edified, that if I encourage and edify others, I would be strengthened and encouraged through Your words. This has been the most amazing gift in my life. How many times did I hear people tell me “You need to change your thinking”? As a self-improvement junkie and life-long member of the “what’s next or greatest” club, I have heard it for most of my adult life.

I have tried affirmations, memorization of the thoughts I should have and year after year, the negative thoughts still filtered in and I still heard the self- depreciating self-talk. So what changed? It was the simple act of encouraging others, through God’s word – and hearing it for myself. Simple, right? Very simple.

"Judas and Silas, who themselves were prophets, said much to encourage and strengthen the believers." ~Acts 15:32

When I encourage someone, I notice that it brings out the best in them – there is a need today for people to feel encouraged and edified. We are truly a society of “it’s all about me”, I was a member of that club too. But today I am grateful that it’s all about God, and God in my life.

I am going to challenge everyone today, and someone may take it. We currently have a few hundred readers a day, and my prayer is that, at least a few decide to give the gift of encouragement to the people in their life.


Who can you encourage and edify?
What would you like God to reveal to you during this process?  

"He traveled through that area, speaking many words of encouragement to the people, and finally arrived in Greece," ~Acts 20:2

I love the Lord, and every day I look forward to growing more into His likeness through reading His word, having fellowship with other believers and thanking Him for all that I have. Every day feels like I receive more and more, even though He has already given me everything I need and everything I could ever want and He has changed who I am, and I know for sure that “With God all things are possible.” ~Matthew 19:26.

It can be simply said, “Thank You Father God for Your gifts”. And, it is what is in my heart that will reveal the depth of my gratitude to my creator. May you know the heart-of-this-matter, as well.


© 2011 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta                        
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/ 
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Giving-Thanks-Daily/290738571406

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me