Translate

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Day 403 of Giving Thanks

I have prayed all day about sharing this tonight. And, as directed by the Holy Spirit, I share some of the deepest parts of my heart.

“But you, dear friends, carefully build yourselves up in this most holy faith by praying in the Holy Spirit, staying right at the center of God's love, keeping your arms open and outstretched, ready for the mercy of our Master, Jesus Christ. This is the unending life, the real life!" ~Jude 1:20-21


I am grateful for the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit... Thank you Lord.

"But very truly I tell you, it is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you.” ~John 16:7

Do you ever feel like you cannot formulate the words to go to God? Today has been one of those days for me. And it is amazing how God delivers the perfect messages as they are needed – God’s perfect timing, every time.

Today, I am grateful that I am not required to have the perfect words. I am grateful that God knows exactly what is in my heart. Because as I experience the thought, of incomprehensible thought, the Holy Spirit, who dwells in me, steps in. The Holy Spirit takes those feelings, concerns and delivers them in perfect manner before the throne of my heavenly Father.

There are many times I wish I could jump and down for joy with the revelations that God delivers to me. There are times when I want to shout out the praises for the work God is completing in my life. There are times when I would like to break right out in song or prayer when I am in sorrow or experiencing the greatest victory. There will be a time that I will do that every moment of every day, but I know that those times are limited for me right now.  It is the time when I am alone at home, or the time of night when it is just me and God that these things do happen.


It is in the silence of my mind, when I can shout out utterances to my mighty God. For it is the help of the Holy Spirit that I am grateful – the power of the intercessory voice from me to God – the perfection of my heart’s desires, concerns and lack of comprehensive speech that I give to the Holy Spirit to deliver to my Father in Heaven. And, it is because God knew this time, this lack of words and this need for the Holy Spirit to be my guide, my interpreter and my voice before my King, that I have permanent access to this representative.

The moments in the morning when I pray I notice "whispers" of something, God’s love, the presence of God – at times it is nudging or prompting, others it is just a calm. How I desire so much more of His presence.

How thoroughly love had been worked into your lives by the Spirit." ~Colossians 1:8

Last night was not a typical night. Usually when the light goes out, so do I, “down for the count”, “knocked out”, as Chris would say. Last night I went to bed with God on my mind and prayer for the ones I love in my heart. I spent quite a while (not sure of the time), just reeling in prayer for my family and for their status with God. I am overwhelmed to pray harder for them.

As I laid my hands into Chris’ as he slept, and prayed – I yearned to feel God there with me. It was pure uttering, non-coherent at times, a kind of rambling in my head. It was as if the words were ricocheting off the membrane of the brain and echoing through my body. This was new. Although I really do not have a complete recollection of what I shared with God, I have a deep satisfaction that He understood every word.  

“The amazing Grace of the master, Jesus Christ, the extravagant love of God, the intimate friendship of the Holy Spirit, be with all of you." 2 Corinthians 13:14


all verses from the New International Version



© 2011 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta                  
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me