Translate

Monday, December 6, 2010

Day 387 of Giving Thanks

Becoming everything He set out for me to become, rings nicely – doesn’t it? And, in this “becoming” He is working greatly on many things.

This is what I use to think – that “I would be responsible” to change to be who God wanted. What I have learned is that who I am becoming is my response to what God has already done.

Too many of us go through our lives believing we have to “be like”, “do certain things”, “live our lives right”, and all under our own power – Lord help me live through the trials with You, and do what I need to do to live my life to represent You!

"What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?" ~Romans 8:31-32

Here is one area that has been such a blessing – focus on the good in people, and their faults will become less... The more good you see in others, the more good you will see in others. If I focus on Jesus, and being grateful for what He has done for me, grace will come. Focus on the companions of love and tenderness and that is what you will get.

I do not have to try; I just do because of Jesus in me. I know it may be hard to understand, but it really is the truth, I know, that has set me free.

“It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.” ~Galatians 5:1

Lord, take the focus off of me and how "I feel", and keep me looking toward YOU, the cross and how I represent that in my life. Allow me to love the lovely and the unlovely. Help me to see the good in everyone, and help them see the good in themselves through YOU.

These times are so uncertain. Yet, certainty is possible. But, there is only one way – only through the truth. Are you ready?

I must never take my eyes off Jesus in our walk. And, if I keep looking at Him, He will shine through, not only in me, but toward me too. I must remember that God does not try in my life, he does and already "did"!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me