Translate

Monday, July 5, 2010

Day 238 of Giving Thanks

Through my trials, I am strengthened, and through my strengthening, I become closer to who God intended me to be.

It is dusk, the end of a holiday weekend. I am grateful that I had an extra day off from work - it has allowed me to re-sync my circumstances with my mind. I keep trying to make sense of all the turmoil, uncertainty and change going on in my life - this morning as I read through Isaiah 50, and found peace in the words.

 "Because the Sovereign LORD helps me,
       I will not be disgraced.
       Therefore have I set my face like flint,
       and I know I will not be put to shame." ~Isaiah 50:7

I cannot put words together to describe the storm I am in the middle of right now, for it is more than I can take, but one that I can endure because I have help. God is always with me, I have the word that I can go to at any time and I have some mighty people of God praying for me and lifting me up.

This storm is one that cannot be contained or tamed. Over the years, I have had visions or heard promises of many things for my life; my dream of speaking in front of many people, my marriage and the salvation of my husband, and healing; and this past week, these dreams or visions are being threatened - somehow changed. I pray for the eyes to see clearly what is next, and how changes will be made to accomplish God's path –  As close as I have become to God this past year, it is absolutely clear that the closer I get, the more work needs to be done. He has a great work in me and for me. And I can see that the enemy is angry and taunting, seeking and ready to destroy all that has been gained.

Today,  a friend wrote me and said she was praying for me, and had requested prayer from a friend – a very mature Christian. I am grateful for wonderful friends and being able to feel God’s arms, through the warmth of others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me