Translate

Friday, July 16, 2010

Day 249 of Giving Thanks

Today is a simple day of gratitude. I am grateful that I made it through my day at work. When I came in, the day’s action items seemed daunting and un-workable. As I pressed through the 3 piles of paperwork, old messages and spreadsheets; I had to stop and regroup. Something didn’t seem right. One of the tasks seemed out of sync, not what I should be doing.

As our volunteer, Bonny and, now good friend, came in, we discussed the task at hand, and she felt the same unease. After reflection and a little complaining, which was quickly drawn in, we decided to make a phone call. In a nutshell – what was expected was not what I had planned to do. A minor adjustment in the protocol for this project and within 10 minutes, what was going to take a couple days of phone calls – was settled.

As we talked afterward, Bonny suggested a couple of verses:


1. 2 Chronicles 20 – I had been given this encouragement during a quiet time with God, a month ago from the same passage.

"I do not have to fight. I just need to position myself to see that God has already gone before me. The enemy can not take hold. This is done. We have an awesome God."

2. John 1 – The entire basis of my joy and peace in this life. And, with the enemy lurking, prodding and poking around in my business it is good to go back to the foundation.

3. Ephesians 4:29 – and this wonderful woman of God shared with me: (KENT)

  • Kind
  • Edifying
  • Necessary
  • True

"Watch the way you talk. Let nothing foul or dirty come out of your mouth. Say only what helps, each word a gift." ~Ephesians 4:29 (The Message)
And, I am grateful for my friend.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me