Translate

Friday, July 30, 2010

Day 263 of Giving Thanks

When things come together, it is truly a wonderful thing. When things come together in a way that appears not how I would have ever imagined it, it is “down right” miraculous.  And, that is how I feel about my life right now.

From devastation to foundational perfection is how I would describe how I feel about where I stand today.  My foundation runs deep, and the rebuilding begins, but in actuality, it is new construction.  Where I was leveled, where all I could see was “nothing left” now stands the beginning of something wonderful and magnificent.  

Father, Your promise of restoration is a promise that I hold on to tightly.  As the ashes of my past and the devastation of all my storms result in glorifying You and your miracles. I am thankful that I am Yours. I am wonderfully made, I am loved so much and I possess the gift of eternal life. I am grateful that even though my choices are not always Your first choice, that You work it out anyway. I pray for Your favor as I give the rest of my house building to You.  And, Lord I can’t wait to see the final structure and I am excited that I am with You as this part of my journey is played out.

“It takes wisdom to build a house, a
and understanding to set it on a firm foundation;
It takes knowledge to furnish its rooms
   with fine furniture and beautiful draperies.”
 ~Proverbs 24:3 (The Message)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me