Translate

Friday, July 9, 2010

Day 242 of Giving Thanks

It is quite simple and I am amazed that it has taken me so long to “get it”. I read back through the last 60 days, and realize that “stuff” happens. I never realized before how much does occur in our lives. I know that I am not that unusual – and my challenges, compared to most are minor little mishaps - but as a dweller on this earth, we are truly bombarded.

I need to know that my protection is trustworthy. I am grateful that I can depend on my protector, my guide, my healer – My Father.  These last 60 days, without the assurances I have now would have been like so many cycles in my past – my cycle was:



Challenge to crisis to defeat to pain to withdrawal to recovery and potentially some of these overlapped as one challenge would lead to another challenge – leaving me helpless and hopeless – depression.

My coping mechanism was dysfunctional, and at times completely non-functional. Today, I seek God first and always – no matter where in the cycle I am; I am not afraid to ask God for help or others as I believe He directs.

Christ is the provider of my eternal salvation.

Going to God through Christ and discovering and acknowledging what I am grateful for has been the salvation of my flesh.

"Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes.”~ Matthew 6:34 (The Message)

© 2010 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta                
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ShawnBoreta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me