Translate

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Day 260 of Giving Thanks

There are several words that I would have used to describe me at twenty – determined, trusting, obsessive, blunt and adventurous. As I moved into thirty – the same words, plus creative, ambitious, bold and a little tainted. At forty, the characteristics list continued to grow – isn’t that what it is supposed to do? Until guarded, cautious, afraid, fearful and untrusting are the words that come to mind. I had allowed my circumstances to cloud who I was. And, today, at forty-five, I confidently move toward my wisdom years.

You see, when I was younger, I had the “tiger by the tail”, and the older I got, the more “life happened” I started to ride the tiger, than barely hang on.

It wasn’t until I truly started trusting God to take control and lead me; the time when I knew that as I as I try to control my life, I spun out of control more often than not.

This morning, I read through Isaiah 40, and the entire chapter is awesome, but what stood out this morning, and again right now is:
3 A voice of one calling:
       "In the desert prepare
       the way for the LORD [a] ;
       make straight in the wilderness
       a highway for our God. [b]

 4 Every valley shall be raised up,
       every mountain and hill made low;
       the rough ground shall become level,
       the rugged places a plain.

 5 And the glory of the LORD will be revealed,
       and all mankind together will see it.
       For the mouth of the LORD has spoken."

And, that tiger is by the tail, but God has it tightly for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me