Translate

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Day 235 of Giving Thanks

Today is the day restoration begins. And, as I set out to explore God’s word, He placed it heavy on my heart to pray for others this morning. This week was one of blessings and attacks. I heard a friend say that she was “afflicted by the enemy”. All the spiritual warfare talk is pretty new to me, and just the thought of it, reminds me of the little girl watching movies with her mom, that were probably much too scary for the little mind. My trick, in those days was to wrap tightly in a blanket, so nothing can get in.

What an image. TODAY, I see myself wrapped in the covering of the Lord. His protection, my projection of security, is staying close to God. So close that I cannot tell where He begins and I end. An amazing love story that has been told, since the beginning of time, but very few can live it out. My prayer is that I can continue to fall deeply and deeper in love with my Lord. I am grateful that He found me. I am grateful to know His protection is in place and that I am securely wrapped in His strength and power – and there is nothing that I need to do to keep that in place. I pray, that I continue to be amazed, and in awe of “the thought of Him”.

“They will rebuild the ancient ruins and restore the places long devastated; they will renew the ruined cities that have been devastated for generations.’ ~Isaiah 61:4
 “I delight greatly in the LORD; my soul rejoices in my God. 
and arrayed me in a robe of righteousness, 
as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest, 
and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.” ~Isaiah 61:10

For he has clothed me with garments of salvation.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me