Translate

Monday, July 12, 2010

Day 245 of Giving Thanks

I remember helping my Dad in his garage when I was a young girl – finding tools, getting this or that, crawling into tight places to attached, dismantle and otherwise help in any way possible. I worked hard for him – I loved to please him. I never wanted to disappoint him or feel that I didn’t do a good job.  My example of a great worker was my Dad – everyday, woke early, went to work and came home and worked some more.  A work ethic that is rare today.  I am grateful that I acquired that from him.

I thought of that today as I look at a pile of documents on my desk to read and the list of 20 things to accomplish before my vacation. As I work to prioritize my day, I am constantly reminded that work is never done – that when I finish one thing, it’s time to start another.  And as I work to prioritize my life – a balance of God, family, work and business, I know for sure it is definitely not about me.  Until I go home and I am on this earth, all that I do is for my Lord.  This realization has helped me to do my work at my job; I find that in the mundane, I loose interest and can become overwhelmed with the simplest of tasks.  I do not want to be that person who does “just enough” to get by.

 “Slaves, obey your earthly masters in everything; and do it, not only when their eye is on you and to win their favor, but with sincerity of heart and reverence for the Lord.  Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.  Anyone who does wrong will be repaid for his wrong, and there is no favoritism.” ~Colossians 3:22-25

I am grateful for the reminder today, that my work will be accomplished in His name – and what an embarrassment to His kingdom if I slack or refrain from my best work.  I am grateful that I can be reminded of the simple tasks that I really want to gloss over, and do halfway, that His way is complete and thorough – and I do want to please my Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me