Translate

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Day 248 of Giving Thanks

What is my heart’s desire? If that had been asked of me 5 years ago, I would have said “to be wealthy and have a personal chef, and personal trainer, weight 115 lbs and feel secure financially”. Now, do all those things go away? Would I like financial freedom? ABSOLUTELY!

I am reminded of Colossians 3 on many levels today as I reflect upon my desires – what I think about and put first. And, as I read through again, I have a sense of security and peace. A security that has taken a very long time to fashion in my heart, and I am so grateful that I am clothed in His promises. My peace is in knowing that I never have to worry about “how I will do all of it alone” for He is with me ALWAYS.

“Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.” ~Colossians 3:15

Father, there are so many things I want to put to death: the faults I know about and the ones yet to be exposed. Forgive me for not trusting when You called, and not abiding when You pleaded. I understand so much more now, but understand so little. Lord clothe me with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Continue to remind me, repair me and restore me – bind these virtues in perfect unity as I prepare for an eternity greater than I can imagine.

“For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God.” ~Colossians 3:3

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Col 3 is one of my favorite chapters...I love how God covers us...the good...the bad...our strength...our weakness...EVERYTHING! WE ARE HIDDEN IN HIM! :)

    ReplyDelete

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me