Translate

Friday, July 23, 2010

Day 256 of Giving Thanks


We rolled out of my driveway at 12:39am, heading to Indian Wells, California for our business retreat. What an amazing and surprising day. As I drove in the wee hours of the morning, and talked with God – I asked “Lord, how many times can I feel renewed, reborn?”  And, as I drove for 3 ½ hours, in the dark, He just let me talk, ask and ponder my life, the many changes that have occurred, the heartaches that I have just let go.

All these things were hindering my ability to move forward for so long, and now I am living in a renewed state – for some moments, it is almost like I am living without a past of hurt or pain, and others, I am quite familiar with the pains, but it is like a third person view of my own life.  So, as I sat in our first session this afternoon, reflecting my questions to God from the middle of the night, I heard – “As I perfect you, and you relive the same lessons, than I will let you rejoice over and over as you are renewed.”

And, I remember the verse from yesterday.  And knowing that I will not have “it” together until I meet Him in heaven, that He will continue to work on me, and ultimately as I act and prepare to grow and transform I can boldly tell Him, “Yes, Lord, I am focused on the goal and rejoice and be joyful as I press forward!

 ~ Philippians 3:1
“Finally, my brothers, rejoice in the Lord! It is no trouble for me to write the same things to you again, and it is a safeguard for you.”(NIV)
“And that's about it, friends. Be glad in God! I don't mind repeating what I have written in earlier letters, and I hope you don't mind hearing it again. Better safe than sorry—so here goes.”  (The Message)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me