Translate

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Day 247 of Giving Thanks



What is my motive? What is my angle?

Truthfully, to share with everyone the knowledge I have gained throughout my lifetime – not to throw up on all of you, but to impart little tid-bits as they are relevant to a circumstance.  I am not saying, by no means, that my wisdom is “king” or “queen”. I am saying that everyone has a story, and if we share what we learn, we do our job here on earth.

I am grateful today for all the stories that others have shared with me. These stories have helped in shaping my life – the ones that encouraged me or moved me into action – the ones that grieved me and showed me redemption – and even the stories that left me speechless have in some way left a stamp.

I did not grow up with bible stories and knowing who the ‘characters’ of the bible were. I did heard sermons and readings that were of far away places and people from the past. But when I first became a Christian I was introduced to the example of faithfulness through Ruth; the winning powers of a godly woman in Esther (my favorite, by the way), the strength in defeat and disobedience of David and most of all, the undying love and tenderness of our savior.

Today’s relevance is one that makes me ache – when someone says they “have no faith” or “there is no god”, it’s like my veins run with fiery hot, and my skin is pierced. Lord, thank You that my heart had not been so hardened that I couldn’t be pulled to You. Thank You for my openness and desires to know what I did not know. I am grateful for all the stories I hear today that confirm my faith and Your faithfulness God.  May I continue to seek, to trust, to find joy in You.  Be with me as You prepare me… Lord, it is your approval and favor I seek most.

"Then sings my soul, my savior God to thee....
How great thou art, how great thou art."

"Now the king was attracted to Esther more than to any of the other women, and she won his favor and approval more than any of the other virgins. So he set a royal crown on her head and made her queen instead of Vashti. And the king gave a great banquet, Esther's banquet, for all his nobles and officials. He proclaimed a holiday throughout the provinces and distributed gifts with royal liberality." Esther 2:17-18

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me