Translate

Friday, May 6, 2011

Day 537 of Giving Thanks

“Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” - 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Mother’s Day has several wonderful and life-changing memories attached to the day. First, I have two moms to remember and be thankful for – the one who raised me, and the one who sacrificed so much to make sure I was ok. Both are very near to my heart. Over the years the thought of “mom” has grown into the realization that my moms are both amazing influences in my life.

Marlene, my birth mom – I was able to meet when I was 18 for the first time; and is now home with the Lord. The first time I met her, I remember her smile, infectious, contagious, lovely and sincere. The time of life when I got to know her the best was a time when I needed her the most, and she was there. An artist and creative personality – there is much of her in me. Thank You Father God for giving me the opportunity to know her and giving me time with her – memories that I cherish.

Justine, the mom who raised me – she has been a stable encouragement through my entire life. She is a fighter for things that are right, an advocate of her family, a lover of the Lord and she has been a beautiful example of motherhood and grace for me. At 86, I am proud to know that I am part of her legacy, a portion of His portion through all the love I received in my life.


Thank You Lord that I always knew that I have been chosen, and loved so much that I was given a great life and the most amazing moms, who are both such a major part of who I am. Thank You Lord for the best moms and knowing the greatest love ever from both of them.

Then of course, there is the greatest person that every happened into my life - my beautiful and amazing daughter, Myranda.  She make me realize that I have done a "good job" as a mom. Thanks Mster.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me