Translate

Friday, May 13, 2011

Day 544 of Giving Thanks

Some of my favorite verses, the words that He has melted to my heart from the fire of my lessons, and now from the fire that burns so hot inside of my soul. Father, I thank You that You can use me; every day I learn something new about me, about You about my journey. Every day I am grateful for every aspect of my life and I am grateful that these truths are embedded deeply and tenderly within me.

A good friend shared this verse with me when I was a baby Christian, but I did nt fully comprehend what it was for me until last year. “For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.” - Psalm 139:13-14 (NIV)

I have been tired, more tired and overwhelmed with physical pain than I could bear in the last few years, and coming to God, knowing what Jesus did for me and having the Holy Spirit to guide and direct my every moment has been such a comfort. “Come to me, all who are tired from carrying heavy loads, and I will give you rest.” Matthew 11:28 (GOD’S WORD Translation)

Over and over, I have called, and every time, He has answered. And every day, I learn more and more. “Call to Me and I will answer you and show you great and mighty things, fenced in and hidden, which you do not know (do not distinguish and recognize, have knowledge of and understand).” ~Jeremiah 33:3 (Amplified Bible)

I dwelt in Isaiah for months while God reaffirmed that I am special and I count; that no matter what my past is, it is the now with Him that matters because He loves me. And, I am in His favor always – He comforts me always.
Isaiah 61:1-3
The Year of the LORD’s Favor
 1 The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me,
   because the LORD has anointed me
   to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
   to proclaim freedom for the captives
   and release from darkness for the prisoners,[a]
2 to proclaim the year of the LORD’s favor
   and the day of vengeance of our God,
to comfort all who mourn,
 3 and provide for those who grieve in Zion—
to bestow on them a crown of beauty
   instead of ashes,
the oil of joy
   instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise
   instead of a spirit of despair.
They will be called oaks of righteousness,
   a planting of the LORD
   for the display of his splendor.

Know this my friends, if you are experiencing a time that is tough, seems hopeless He is Your hope. He delivers on all His promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me