Translate

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Day 555 of Giving Thanks by Tina Wetor

During gym class or childhood games, many of us can recall two children selecting who would be the best for their teams.  As each child was called out, it usually was from the strongest to the weakest.  Or the most popular to the unpopular child, those dreadful times of waiting to be selected.  Can you recall those innocent prayers?  Oh, Lord!  Please don’t let Suzie be on our team or don’t let them pick me.  On the other hand, the last child remaining would have painful questions what is wrong with me?  Why am I always the last one selected?   
Rejection is one of the hardest pains to overcome; it eats away at our hearts.  The inner turmoil of questions rips the heart piece by piece trying to investigate the cause.  It’s one of Satan’s strongest weapons to diminish our self-image and our identity in Christ.  If he can cause us to doubt our worth, we become confused, powerless, and hopeless.  If we walk in the confidence of Christ, we walk victorious.  So, I wanted to share something with you, God has precious thoughts towards us.  Oh, I don’t think you know about my past or my weaknesses.  God can’t have precious thoughts towards me.  Well, I challenge these questions with the Word of God.  Ephesians 1:4 states, “For he choose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight.  In love he predestined us to be adopted as sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will.”

Regardless of what time period on this earth we live, we are chosen by God to dwell with Him.  Our Heavenly Father’s complete pleasure is adopting us to be His children.  No one was created as an accident, a misfit, or a mistake in the sight of God.  Although we come to Christ in our sin, we can be transformed to a holy and blameless life so we can resemble our Father.   May this truth enter your heart, God PREDESTINED US TO BELONG TO HIM.  We belong.  Nevertheless, God not only predestined us to belong to Him but to complete His will.  We are not without a home or a purpose on this earth, God is my Shalom. 

What’s so amazing, I once didn’t belong to anyone even my own family.  Besides being rejected by my peers, my family didn’t see any promising potential.  It’s sad but true.  This nagging emptiness didn’t fade until I accepted the Lord as my personal Savior.  In His presence, I belong.  The world can completely pass me by or melt away but my soul will boast in the Lord.  Regardless of the battles of life, I am thankful I belong.  As a child of God, my heritage is secure with a seal from the Holy Spirit.  On the day of redemption, I will inherit my heritage-eternal life. 

Sadly, some people never know who they are or where life will lead them.  I admit, I don’t have life all figured out but I have the most important part complete.  I am a child of God.  Since I belong to Him, I have life and a wonderful future ahead whether on earth or in Heaven.  If that doesn’t make one thankful, I don’t know what else would.  


___________
Tina is a regular writer on Giving Thanks Daily. You can connect with her on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/twetor or visit her blog, Anointed Manna at: http://networkedblogs.com/ietF3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me