Translate

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Day 542 of Giving Thanks

There have been several things that I have allowed to get “under my skin” in the past few months. I have been praying for clarity and wisdom, yet my heart has been irritated and not so quiet. I am thankful that even through my troubled and wounded heart the Holy Spirit translates the appropriate message to my heavenly Father. I believe He hears my pleas and He has already answered my prayers. Now I wait for it all He will reveal.

It has truly been a fight daily to stay focused on the “right” things and to hear the “right” voice. I find it so easy to be sucked into chaos, negativity and strife – lets just say “old habits die hard”.

"When my heart was grieved and my spirit embittered, I was senseless and ignorant; I was a brute beast before you. Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand. You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory.

Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." ~Psalm 73:21-26 (NIV)

Another day ends Lord, and I come to You and I am reminded that it is not my fight, but Yours and it has already been completed. It is my thoughts that I fight with, not my surroundings. For my thoughts are the only thing I can control, all other things are out of my control. Father, it is impossible for me to know what to do, and yet I keep trying on my own.

 “The LORD Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress.” ~Psalm 46:7 (NIV)


Thank You Lord for Your whispers, urgings and nudging that keep me coming back to You moment after moment. Thank You for my friends who also fight through similar challenges, although very different circumstances we can relate, hold one another up and even cry together - thank You for my sisters Lord. Help us see the possibilities that You have already laid before us. Allow our minds to free the past, eliminate the noise and hear You, truly hear You.

Draw us nearer mighty God, we plead that You pry the door open, give us the strength to lean in, push forward and see the light on the other side, as well as the light right before us. Minister to us Jesus through Your work on the cross and show us sacrifice in our lives worthy of You. Let us walk through our lives in humility and confidence knowing that You have already done it all for us.

We depend on You Lord, and trust Your plan for our lives. We pray that our experiences give us the wisdom necessary to walk Your path in strength. In the power of Jesus’ blood we pray, and thank You for carrying us to glorify You. Amen.

“God is good, a hiding place in tough times.
He recognizes and welcomes anyone looking for help,
No matter how desperate the trouble.
But cozy islands of escape
He wipes right off the map.
No one gets away from God.
Why waste time conniving against God?
He's putting an end to all such scheming.
For troublemakers, no second chances.
Like a pile of dry brush,
Soaked in oil, they'll go up in flames.” ~Nahum 1:7-10 (The Message)

I sat here tonight and vented, poured my heart out and, I felt no better… I knew that what I needed to do was pray – pray for those who prosecute me, right? I am to love others because He loves me. And, just like He created me in tenderness and love and compassion, He also created others in the same manner, in tenderness and love and compassion.

“For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.” ~Psalm 139:13-14 (NIV)

© 2011 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150418958162809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me