Translate

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Day 548 of Giving Thanks

It is done by being still, quiet and waiting for His instruction. What is “it”? Life. Life as I know it today was busy – over stimulating – my work was confusing – a little dull – yet, it is life as I know it. And then I get my time with my King... awe the extravagance of this time.

Simply said, I cannot do life without the guide of the Holy Spirit, and the power of our extravagant God. How do I describe a God who created me and knew of me from the beginning? How do I describe a God who loves me completely and unconditionally? How do I describe a God who is all-powerful and all knowing who has always been here? How do I describe a God who thought of everything? I just did, but it is only a minor description.

A Prayer for the Ephesians “For this reason, I kneel before the Father, from whom every family[a] in heaven and on earth derives its name.  I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever! Amen.” ~Ephesians 3:14-21 

You do not describe an extravagant God by going to a man-created and limiting dictionary that is for sure.

ex•trav•a•gant
1. spending much more than is necessary or wise; wasteful: an extravagant shopper.
2. excessively high: extravagant expenses; extravagant prices.
3. exceeding the bounds of reason, as actions, demands, opinions, or passions.

He lavishly delivers everything I need and everything He desires for me are freely given. He pours out favor abundantly. His passions are revealed through my life, and His desires for my life will only be completely known to me when my journey is complete here. He is generous beyond measure, because He has loved me immeasurably.

"Have you ever come on anything quite like this extravagant generosity of God, this deep, deep wisdom? It's way over our heads. We'll never figure it out. 
Is there anyone around who can explain God? Anyone smart enough to tell him what to do? Anyone who has done him such a huge favor that God has to ask his advice? 
Everything comes from him; Everything happens through him; Everything ends up in him. Always glory! Always praise! Yes. Yes. Yes." ~Romans 11:33-35 (The Message)

It is an honor to live my life that is truly Yours. And, it is an amazing journey I live through in my moments to days. Father, I trust You for everything and am so grateful that I have the opportunity to learn about You every day, through my moments to days. Thank You for Your extravagant love for me, and the extravagance throughout my life. It truly is an honor to know where I come from and who I am. 

I am grateful to be the daughter of an extravagant King who gives the greatest of gifts - simple and extravagant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me