Translate

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Day 536 of Giving Thanks

He weaves my moments into stories – the stories become my life.  My life, although average and ordinary, is extraordinary in so many ways. Awe.... yes, I am in awe of everything my God has done, for me, for all of us. Let my life be reflective of this gratitude. Let my life show others that He is the way.

In awe, and in your presence Lord - thank You for this moment.

"And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people. Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should. Sing your praises out loud and at the top of your voice - for the enemy to hear your grateful and joyful heart." -Ephesians 6:18-20

Something I have learned in the last year, but it has truly been a life-long lesson, is to “watch my thoughts”. Did you know that the enemy uses your thoughts against you? And, did you know that you are the only one who can control your thoughts? The answer to both of these questions is “yes”.

"Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Grieve, mourn and wail. Change your laughter to mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up." - James 4:7-10

Glory and honor for God knows who will work for the kingdom, joyfully. And, through my days I must be aware of what I say, both out loud and to myself. Do I remember at every moment that God is with me? Are there things that I have said or done that would bring harm to anyone around me, including me? Have I lied, cheated, harmed another through my words, not been kind to a stranger, been irritated with a task, the list can go on and on... Lord, help me to be like YOU in all I do.

If yesterday was a tough day, let it go... and begin anew today. Fresh outlook, new attitude and staying connected to the one who can bring you through everything. If your days are wonderful and you are shining brightly, see who can be lifted up and share that glow with them. It is a new day regardless - Rejoice, rejoice and know that He is God.

Wow, victory... dwell in high places today and everyday and you will see a change in your life. I have heard that the biggest challenge is 3 inches... the 3 inches between your ears.

“Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”” ~Psalm 91:1-2

So my thoughts, oh, so many of them – and my how they have changed; today someone asked me, “How are you feeling?” My answer is quite simple, “Not much change physically but mountains are being moved mentally.” I now focus on a part of my body that does not hurt and I pray that God expand that territory... it is my right knee today. I work out regardless. I eat right every day. And I am working very hard at keeping my complaints privately between me and the Holy Spirit – and every day, I am trusting that the appropriate translation occurs.

“We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.” ~2 Corinthians 10:5 (NIV)

Make it a great thought day! And, it will be a great day.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for you add on at my art blog Sweetie... This as the others was sooo truly beautiful... A comfort on a rather crazy day...
    Prayers and Hugs Dena

    ReplyDelete
  2. And woooohoooo, your in my old home sate of California... Woooohoooo, miss it there, especially in an IOWA winter...
    I use to be a native, born and raised in So. Cal
    So bet you can see why I'd miss it there when we are having blizzards here...
    Continued hugs Dena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Dena. I was raised in Hacienda Heights... I am kinda ready for a change, but warmer, much warmer climate .

    ReplyDelete

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me