Translate

Monday, May 2, 2011

Day 533 of Giving Thanks

There are times when things can be fixed, and there are times when they should not. As I thought of this statement earlier tonight I thought of my childhood - if it was broken, I was the one who wanted to fix it, or give it a good shot anyway. If someone else broke a toy, I was always convinced that it “could be fixed”. My first apartment came semi-furnished with an ‘L’ shaped daybed and a built-in end table, a broken kitchen table and a couple of wobbly chairs... That just was not going to do. So I dove in and started to “fix things”; looking back, I should have just started over. I do remember how exciting it was to get something new, or new to me. There comes a time that we need to let go of the old and look forward to the new.

There comes a time that we need to let go of the old (who we were), and look forward to being a new being in Christ. We cannot fix ourselves, and really it is God’s desire for us to know that we can live a new life by plugging in to Him – diving in and allowing Him to work in us, and in our lives. What an amazing realization. He did the work. And, I get to reap the benefits, I just have to believe.

"Praise for Spiritual Blessings in Christ 
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ." ~ Ephesians 1:3


I find that I still tend to look at life like my first apartment. I have spent my life looking at things through “restoration” eyes. My questions are always, “what can I do” or “how can it be done”. I always thought that was a great way to look at things, but today I looked at it a bit differently and believe a better question is, “what would you have me do God, and what do I leave to you”?

We lose our way when we take our eyes off God -
Do not lose sight because you are focused on the people around you. Only you can make decisions regarding what path you take. And, God will lead the way every time.

“I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.” ~Philippians 3:14

Dear God...
I am listening through the day of busyness. I am listening to hear Your words that will see me through the day. I am listening because I know that You are listening and already know my needs today. I am listening because no other can instruct, comfort or correct me with as much love as You have for me. 
Shawn
‎I believe it is time to grow up in my faith; it is time to listen to what God has already shared. I am grateful for all the insights my God has shared with me these past few months. I have been amazed that as I discover a message, He confirms it through a lesson of some kind. Thank You Lord for Your faithfulness in my life – help me to see what You have, and what direction to follow.

“Lord, I know you said to do it this way, but I want to do it that way…” Help me Lord, remove these thoughts from my heart and mind. Have you been here before? I think we all have.

What is most comforting is that He will be there in the glory time when we follow His direction, and the aftermath when we do not. We can be assured, He is with us.

“We are confident that God listens to us if we ask for anything that has his approval. We know that he listens to our requests. So we know that we already have what we ask him for.” ~ 1 John 5:14-15

There comes a time that we need to let go of the old and look forward to the new – maturity, wisdom, humility, exampleship only comes by knowing that I lack maturity, wisdom, humility and need exampleship greatly.

Following Paul’s Example
“All of us, then, who are mature should take such a view of things. And if on some point you think differently, that too God will make clear to you. Only let us live up to what we have already attained.
Join together in following my example, brothers and sisters, and just as you have us as a model, keep your eyes on those who live as we do.  For, as I have often told you before and now tell you again even with tears, many live as enemies of the cross of Christ. Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach, and their glory is in their shame. Their mind is set on earthly things.” ~Philippians 3:15-19

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me