Translate

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Day 534 of Giving Thanks

This morning I was able to talk with my very good friend and ended up “spilling my heart” a bit. There is a purpose to my life yes I know this to be true. And, God knows that purpose that was determined long, long ago. The key to all of this is to make the connection between His plan for my life - and what I understand about His plan for my life. Easily said, and really, according to what He promises, should be easy to execute as well. So, I ask myself, often these days, “What am I missing? And, how can I make sure I don’t miss it?” These are the wrong questions. I am waiting, that is the right solution.

But, there is an answer; it is always the same, “LISTEN”.

But, “listen” to the right voice.
“But whoever listens to me will dwell safely, and will be secure, without fear of evil.” ~Proverbs 1:33
If I am listening, seeking and praising at all times, I will not miss it. He will make sure that I get it.

I can tell you that the enemy has been working overtime to make his voice heard – it is the voice that says, “you messed up trying that before, what makes you think you can do it now”. It’s the voice that says, “if you were qualified for that, why aren’t you doing it now”. It’s the voice that says, “you have made bad choices, what makes you think you can make better one?”

However, that is not the voice of reason it is the voice of poison – pure evil, and definitely not of God.
“Jesus told this simple story, but they had no idea what he was talking about. So he tried again. "I'll be explicit, then. I am the Gate for the sheep. All those others are up to no good—sheep stealers, every one of them. But the sheep didn't listen to them. I am the Gate. Anyone who goes through me will be cared for—will freely go in and out, and find pasture. A thief is only there to steal and kill and destroy. I came so they can have real and eternal life, more and better life than they ever dreamed of.” ~John 10:6-10 (The Message)

As I fight through the moments when I forget who I am, You pull me back to the reality and remind me that I am the daughter of the King. You remind me that my home is not here in this world, so I should not be comfortable here.

God says, “what is your desire my child, let it be yours”. His is the voice that says, “it does not matter what you have done before, because you have the power of a loving Father with you, and you can do anything.”
“Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He will give you the desires and secret petitions of your heart.” ~Psalm 37:4 (Amplified Bible)
My mind was reeling from this morning’s conversation – I know there is much I can do, and my heart desires to do much - the solution is “what God has planned”, that is it! I am sure that what He has in store for me will completely delight my heart, will light up my life greatly.
“We plan the way we want to live, but only GOD makes us able to live it.’ ~Proverbs 16:9 (The Message)
So, I will “LISTEN”, remember His word and wait for the right voice to instruct me.
“Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.” ~Proverbs 3:5 
"Thus says the Lord, Your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel:“I am the Lord your God, who teaches you to profit, who leads you by the way you should go."” ~Isaiah 48:17 
“I will instruct you and teach you in the way should go; I will guide you with My eye.” ~Psalm 32:8  
“For this is God, our God forever and ever; He will be our guide even to death.” ~Psalm 48:14  
“The Lord will guide you continually …” ~Isaiah 58:11

2 comments:

  1. This was truly BEAUTIFUL,,,so blessed that I took a moment to stop by here and not just stay @ the fb page..
    Thanks...
    Prayers and Hugs Dena

    ReplyDelete

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me