Translate

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Day 545 of Giving Thanks

I got to talk to my mom today. She moved from Colorado to Nebraska about a month ago, and I haven’t had a chance to talk to until today. She sounds happy and amazing. She is 86 years old, and recently decided to move back to Nebraska, which I was completely against in the beginning, mostly because I was placing my values and opinions and expected it to be the priority position. I am grateful that I was able to visit my mom a couple months before she moved; hear her reasons and know that in her heart, it was the right thing for her to do.

"The heart is hopelessly dark and deceitful, a puzzle that no one can figure out. But I, God, search the heart and examine the mind. I get to the heart of the human. I get to the root of things. I treat them as they really are, not as they pretend to be." ~Jeremiah 17:9-10 (the Message)

As I sit here tonight, I marvel at how God works all things for His good. How He takes a heart and changes it when appropriate.

“And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” ~Romans 8:28

I am the baby of the family, yet I grew up alone, because my brother and sister are 17 and 19 years older than I am. Quite honestly, I believe that it has been a total advantage throughout my life because of it – according to others, I missed the sibling situation, but according to where I have ended up, I really had the best of both worlds.

I have been the voice of reason in many circumstances and it is only because I have a mighty God swaying my opinions. So, why was I so against her moving in the first place… She is eighty six, I felt strongly that a move would take too much out of her – that maybe she wasn’t coming up with the right reasons and I was listening to the wrong people when it came to my mom’s situation. So, God worked it out. He got me to Colorado at the exact perfect time – and I knew that the move was right, and my heart was changed completely toward the situation.

I am thankful for how God works. I am thankful for my mom and her joy in her circumstances right now. I am grateful that my God has orchestrated all of this so wonderfully. There is more to the story. There is a story of redemption for someone very special to my mom. A chance to make restitution for things done in the past, which caused much hurt and heartache. And, this same God, allowed an amazing act of forgiveness toward that same person from me. There is an amazing story behind every moment. Often times I take advantage of so much, and limit what God can do regularly. Recognizing this and recognizing how God does it all, seamlessly, perfectly and with His purpose in mind.

My mom, is in a great place, both emotionally and physically. Her journey, at least this part of it, is sanctioned and directed by our heavenly and tender Father.

All I want Lord is to do the right things at the right times – to know Your presence and to follow your lead. Thank You for being here at all times and giving me the opportunity to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me