Translate

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Day 543 of Giving Thanks

I was feeling very tentative again today. I felt a little apprehensive and unsure until I truly quieted my heart and allowed God to settle in and take control. Have you ever felt like that? Have you had moments, hours, even days of feeling unsettled or unsure of what your next step would be? It is quite unnerving, isn’t it?

"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly." ~John 10:10 (ESV)

Softly and tenderly, He calls.
Mightily He delivered.
Passionately He draws me nearer and nearer.

It has been a long time since I had those moments, and seems forever that it lasts longer than a couple hours. During the last few weeks, I have had a stirring. And, this stirring is creating a sense of urgency in my spirit to do something new. To really dive into what God has next for me. This has been my “sense” for the last year, however, it hasn’t felt necessary – and now it does.

Now, there is a difference between these stirrings and the unrest I once had – unrest that kept me unsure of who I was, where I came from and not knowing that I was loved beyond measure. Now, these stirrings are knowing that He has a plan for me and that my purpose is specific to my uniqueness as a daughter of the King.

There was a time in my life when change occurred often; it was an addiction of sorts; change of job, change of relationships, change or scenery, in fact, I changed the furniture around compulsively. I have waited my entire life to “do what I was designed” to do – and I cannot wait to see it realized. There is an excitement in knowing that He made me, and is equipping me through all I have been through, using both what He chose for me, and what I misshaped toward to see His plan through.

“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” ~Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)
The Lord God is always with me... He is my shelter, my protection and provision. It is a wonderful and amazing thing, isn't it. All of my life He is here and in eternity we will sing His praises. “The LORD Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress.” ~Psalm 46:7 (NIV)


Today, as He softly and tenderly, calls me – I HEAR HIM. 
Mightily He delivered on His promises – I AM GRATEFUL. 
Passionately He draws me nearer and nearer to His desires for my life, His plan to glorify Him through what He has for me – I KNOW HIS PRESENCE GREATLY.
O' let me hear You Lord over and over.
Let me abide through the love I have deep and wholly for You.

In the moments of quiet today, I hear Him calling -
Dear Child,
Be calm, I am here to sooth your fears.
Be assured, I have already done all you need.
Be still, I have great things planned for you.
Be with me, for I am the only way.
Your heavenly Father

How can I not trust my God?
How can I not know that my life is special and purposed?
How can I not believe His promises?
How can I not revere all that is great and awesome in my life?

If I go through my life “believing” that I am walking a tight rope, then the fall will be painful. I must go through life understanding it is a journey. A journey where the ground is solid because my guide is solid, then I will move through my journey gracefully.

It’s time to step on to solid ground, and never forget who is with me. I am grateful that in the tentative, apprehensive or unsure moments, I remember to call on Him to be with me, to comfort me and hold onto to me in a way that life is never in the balance, and always definite and complete.

DEFINITE AND COMPLETE“All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away. For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me. And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day.  For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.” ~John 6:37-40 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me