Translate

Friday, May 27, 2011

Day 558 of Giving Thanks

Lately I have been reading a lot of stories and about stories, as well as learning the meaning behind my own story. For 558 days, I have been sharing bits and pieces of my life, my story. We not only have a story, we also share each other’s stories and that is quite amazing. Every time we cross paths, correspond with one another, introduce someone or even tell a story, the stories intertwine and join, right? Well, really we are already intertwined and joined and have been from the beginning. Our story started with "The story".

One of the easiest things for me to be grateful for is having relationships, people in my life, the ability to connect and just loving others. My entire life has been spent not only creating relationships, but craving them. Being around people always lifts my spirits – and lately, that craving has moved from being around people to being with God.

“So God created humans in his image. In the image of God he created them. He created them male and female.” ~Genesis 1:27

How is that? I was created in His image, right? "He" is actually God, Son and Holy Spirit – the first relationship, the first fulfillment of being relational came before anything came into existence. Now, think of that. Before the heavens and the earth, before the land and sea, before you and me, came the three who is He. With a design for companionship and fellowship, we can always know that we are not alone - yet, we do have an enemy among us – the one that will make an attempt to darken our hearts to our creator. This enemy will work hard to convince many they are unworthy of God’s love or that God does not love them. Feeding lies and weaving the wrong story through their minds.

I am grateful for the relationship that I have with my heavenly Father, the love I have for my savior Jesus, as well as the trust I have in the power of the Holy Spirit in my life. I am thankful that I know that I have come to realize that the story the enemy weaves is one that I was introduced to, and one that I knew well and lived for quite some time is a lie. I am here to tell you that there is another story. And, regardless of how far down "the lie" path you have come, it is just that a lie. Isn’t it time to realize that the real story is one that is created from love and the desire to have relationship with you? It is the real story of a creator and His creation. It is the real love story of truth and tenderness. It is the real story of unending hope and everlasting life.

It is the real story that you are already part of, but just have to believe that truth prevails and there is a hero, a villain and a “happily ever after” for those who choose well. So, who is the hero? Who is the villain? And what does “happily ever after” really mean? For me, it means that I have eternity already settled. It is not a void or a meaningless ending to my life here. It is not a puzzle that is “never solved”. It is a picture that is fully revealed through love. I know this because it is revealed through the relationship I have with my Father, because I chose to believe that Jesus died for me and the Holy Spirit now resides in me and shares with me all that I need to know, when and how. The story is laid before me, ready for me to hear, live and know from the depth of my soul.

Thankfully, I am not the star, but I do have a unique and perfect purpose in this story. I was placed in this role by the creator of the entire story - isn’t that amazing?

Here’s what I know today. If our paths have crossed, there is a purpose. He has His reasons. My prayer for you today, is that He reveal your purpose – your part of His story. That the enemy will loose all holds on your life, and that you will grasp the true story for your life.

Father, as we live our story, may we be wise to Your plan and purpose for our roles. May we see Your path, Your truth and live greatly in Your light.  In the precious and mighty of blood of Jesus, we pray that through the power of the Holy Spirit we can eliminate the life of lies and allow Your hope in truth be embedded deeply in our hearts. In Jesus’ name we pray for these things and for what we don’t know. Amen.

Thank You Father for being my hero always and forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me