Translate

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Day 535 of Giving Thanks

There comes a time when I know it's time to press on, move in to the already healed mode, and live my life without hesitation, with enthusiasm and courage. Every day is a new day, and every day is another day to be thankful for the life I have. Every day I am in His presence, yet there are moments I need to remember that it is not a stepping into His presence, it is remembering that He is already around me – I just have to acknowledge Him, and there He is.

There comes a time when I know it is time to change that one thing and that one thing is what I believe about my illness. Today is that day.

Lord, I accept all the healing You have for me today. And, I choose to live as though there is nothing in my blood. Today, I choose to live according to Your promises... no hesitation – and moving ahead.

These have been my thoughts, my journal entries and my belief. I am not in the middle of a storm, yet there is little visibility into just a few steps ahead of me. There are many things that I am praying for change about, and I trust that He’s got me; that my God knows my heart’s desire(s) even better than I do, and today I heard, “I know you can't see, but I see all... through the storm, you must keep heading toward me. Trust that I know where your feet are, where the end is and that I am with you all the way."

There will come a time when I will see through to my next steps, through the debris, confusion of the “what next” and there will be a clear shot to where He is now directing me. And at that time I can say, "I made it through the storm, for my Father urged me to continue through, even when I couldn't see a thing”.

"Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see." ~Hebrews 11:1

Yes, there are times when I “feel” I have had enough... and it is in those moments, very rarely longer than an hour these days, that my God keeps me going and is He more than enough.

So, when I am tired, weary and cannot do "one more thing", I have learned to call to Him, and I know that He will answer. This is a promise and verse that I know well.

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” ~Matthew 11:28

Help me to remember Lord that You have already done what is necessary and love me beyond what is imaginable and all I have to do is know this in my heart and live my life accordingly.

“We plan the way we want to live, but only GOD makes us able to live it.’ ~Proverbs 16:9 (The Message)

It has been the most amazing gift to myself to realize that when I am listening, seeking and praising Him at all times, I will not miss what He has for me; if I don’t “hear” from Him, or “see” Him working in my life, I know that He is still there. He loves me so greatly, that He will make sure I get it.

“I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go;  I will counsel you with my loving eye on you.” ~Psalm 32:8 (NIV) 
Thank You Jesus...” Oh, how I love to say that, and feel it from the depths of my soul.

Today, has been a glorious day. The sun was shining, the warmth pressed onto my skin and there is so much to be thankful for... today it is the many gifts in my life – the moments of gratitude and the moments of realizing who I am with Him. It is the many promises the creator of the universe, my heavenly Father has shared with me so graciously. It is the life… just life and everything about living that is the miracle to be acknowledged and grasped. Today, I choose life again, and tomorrow will choose it again.

Psalm 100 (The Message)
A Thanksgiving Psalm
 1-2 On your feet now—applaud GOD! Bring a gift of laughter,
      sing yourselves into his presence.

 3 Know this: GOD is God, and God, GOD. 
      He made us; we didn't make him.
      We're his people, his well-tended sheep. 

 4 Enter with the password: "Thank you!" 
      Make yourselves at home, talking praise. 
      Thank him. Worship him. 

 5 For GOD is sheer beauty,
      all-generous in love,
      loyal always and ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me