Translate

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Day 549 of Giving Thanks

This morning as I began my day, I knew it was going to be one of many calls to my heavenly Father. As my feet hit the floor, it was definitely not a marathon day, but a slow methodical push forward, with a grateful heart for what I am able to do every day because He planned it.

“We plan the way we want to live, but only GOD makes us able to live it.” ~Proverbs 16:9 (The Message)

As I reflect on my day while I wind down for the night – I am grateful for a great day. I am grateful that every day I can choose to “do”, even when things just aren’t moving like I would like them to, or expect them to. There is great comfort in knowing that He watches over every step and when I can no longer step, He carries me to my destination.

“The steps of a [good] man are directed and established by the Lord when He delights in his way [and He busies Himself with his every step].
Though he falls, he shall not be utterly cast down, for the Lord grasps his hand in support and upholds him.” ~Psalm 37:23-24 (NIV)

Even though each step came with great effort today, both physical and mental, I had You there. I am glad I will never experience anything in my life alone. Physically and mentally, I am energized and ready for every step.

"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly." ~Matthew 11:28-30 (The Message)

I am grateful for the changes He has allowed in me through all these steps of my journey. As I look in the mirror today, I realized that there is so much change. It is a beautiful sight – as I take a long look and see the Jesus looking back at me. Now, you do it. Take a long look and see the Jesus looking back at you. It is a wonderful image isn't it?

I have only been changed through the work of the Holy Spirit in me. What seemed to be an impossible task at one point in my life, was accomplished because of who He is and who I am because of Him. Every day I find strength when strength should not be possible, and hope is a daily occurrence and an enormous part of my vocabulary today.

“I can do all this through him who gives me strength.” ~Philippians 4:13
”But Jesus looked at them and said, With men this is impossible, but all things are possible with God.” ~Matthew 19:26 (Amplified Bible)
Grace abundantly. 
Mercy over and over again.
Favor without question.

There was a time in my life, now so long ago, that dwelling in the “what I could not do”, was normal – and it’s amazing, how much is possible because I am confident that I have a helper with everything, including my steps.
”Now God has us where he wants us, with all the time in this world and the next to shower grace and kindness upon us in Christ Jesus. Saving is all his idea, and all his work. All we do is trust him enough to let him do it. It's God's gift from start to finish! We don't play the major role. If we did, we'd probably go around bragging that we'd done the whole thing! No, we neither make nor save ourselves. God does both the making and saving. He creates each of us by Christ Jesus to join him in the work he does, the good work he has gotten ready for us to do, work we had better be doing.” ~ Ephesians 2:7-10 (The Message)

I am thankful for the bursts of growth from the ashes - for all the lush among the debris and that is what my Lord has done for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me