Translate

Friday, August 20, 2010

Day 284 of Giving Thanks

What an “absolutely” amazing love story. This morning, as I sat down to start my time with God, I read my friend’s blog LeadHerShip (http://leadhership.net/2010/08/who-would-pay-it-all-for-you.html) after seeing her post on Twitter.

While reading her post, the picture of Jesus as he was nailed to the cross (The Passion of the Christ), and the image of that is overwhelming. Yet, he did even more, he became our sin, he took it all on, past, present and future sin (the guilt, sorrow, grief, regret, anguish, bitterness, anger, hatred, everything that represents sin, everything not God) and he felt it without God – an emptiness beyond empty, a pain beyond pain, the darkest loneliness.

“From the sixth hour until the ninth hour darkness came over all the land.  About the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eloi, Eloi,lama sabachthani?"—which means, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?” ~Matthew 27: 45-46 (New International Version)

It is sobering, and I can never imagine that kind of sacrifice and I can only imagine what it will be like when I lay down and worship before the one who laid down and died for me.

He did this all for me, and I have absolutely nothing I can ever do to add to this. “It is finished,” and with a choice by me to believe this, I am set free – free from an eternity of the guilt, sorrow, grief, regret, anguish, bitterness, anger, hatred, everything that represents sin, everything not God – an emptiness beyond empty, a pain beyond pain, the darkest loneliness.

“When he had received the drink, Jesus said, "It is finished." With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.” ~John 19:30 (New International Version)

There is no question today what I am grateful for. And, the reason is you (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNgbBYdDZA8&feature=related)….

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me