Translate

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Day 272 of Giving Thanks

I used to think “how much more information can I fit in my brain” – as information came in from work, school, studies, life, etc., I felt a bit and sometimes BIG overwhelmed, maybe even ill equipped to manage all the incoming.  I have felt this for most of my life. I believe that is why I never did well in school, or did I? I did graduate high school, but it was through relationship building, lack of effort and work (slothing begins)!



My coping mechanism has always been to relate. To become familiar with the people in my surroundings and the people in my life are my safe guard and my light. I am grateful that God uses people to give me purpose and desire to help; and, today, although the lessons are plentiful, I can only ponder on the lesson today, which was another revealing learning experience from God through our pastor John Bruce. I am grateful for the truth and the identification of the areas I am to work harder.  


I have spent my life as a doer, so I thought! My goal is the make sure that my actions do not represent either a sloth or a sluggard. My least favorite insect or yucky thing is a slug, so I am motivated sincerely to not be one.

Lord, the most unappealing things are revealed and I am open enough to recognize and taken them in. I am grateful that the delivery is acceptable to me and I can take it in whole-heartedly. I am open Father, and ready for change; changes that never would have occurred without Your fire and the breaking of my undesirable will. Lord, I pray for Your favor as I seek and change to become who You desire me to be. 


Sloth or Sluggard?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me