Translate

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Day 271 of Giving Thanks

Tonight I am grateful that I can witness many things. A community coming together for a cause is what I saw tonight. A young woman a year older than my daughter had a dream and that was to put on a benefit event – she pulled in local artists, gathered a community of people and provided an evening of magic for several people. She was eloquent, professional and showed leadership – pulling all this together.


I hadn’t met her in person until tonight. Kelsey, you are gifted, not just as a dancer, but as a promoter and encourager. My simple thanks today, is that I could be a small part of your evening. I look forward to getting to know you better.

There is something very special about dance for me. When I was very young, about four, my career in gymnastics started, with that came dance lesson, after dance lesson – and traditional type was required in those days, but I was the rebel – and tonight I saw a bit of me as I watched these young men and women perform. A standing ovation to all of you, is well deserved.


My prayer is that the Lord continues to bless you as you all follow your dreams – and may you always have the tug of an artist deep within your soul. Father, we also pray for the cause that this event brought to the forefront, that modern-day slavery is stopped and those responsible be brought to justice, in this life or after. Father we pray for the safety for all those who work to free these people. In Jesus’ name we lift these needs to you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me