Translate

Monday, August 23, 2010

Day 287 of Giving Thanks

I was one of those kids who played Monopoly and helped the underdog, “you should buy that… are you sure you want to do that?” and often times I was not the winner, but I sure felt that way. And, I don’t believe I am much different today. I love to see others win, to do well and to learn. I am grateful for having wonderful examples I have had over the years of love and true leadership.

God’s lessons for me have given me higher standards to reach for. I had someone mention the other day that I was “doing too much of the wrong things” and he also questioned how I was praying as well as mentioned that I was not allowing God’s grace to work in my life. Initially, I felt very indignant, a little hostile, some-what angry; then doubt started to slip in. “Am I doing the right things?” The old me would have allowed that to dwell in my heart, the new me – gave it to God.

It is truly my desire to be God’s ambassador. And through the years, months, weeks, days and down to each hour of my journey, I want what I reflect to be attractive. I want so much to glorify God in my work and have it completely evident in all areas of my life. And, I pray that my personal mission statement is apparent to those around me.

Exemplify God as I fulfill the obligations of my family and helping others reach their dreams for their families.

As I went through several readings today, I had confirmation, after confirmation… and another friend sent me the most incredible note of encouragement, she may think it was nothing, but Heather, God’s timing is always perfect!

“Because of this, make every effort to add integrity to your faith; and to integrity add knowledge; to knowledge add self-control; to self-control add endurance; to endurance add godliness; to godliness add Christian affection; and to Christian affection add love. If you have these qualities and they are increasing, it demonstrates that your knowledge about our Lord Jesus Christ is living and productive.” ~ 2 Peter 1:5-8 (GOD’S WORD Translation)

"To love him with all your heart, with all your understanding and with all your strength, and to love your neighbor as yourself is more important than all burnt offerings and sacrifices." ~Mark 12:33 (New International Version)

‎"Teach slaves to be subject to their masters in everything, to try to please them, not to talk back to them, and not to steal from them, but to show that they can be fully trusted, so that in every way they will make the teaching about God our Savior attractive." ~Titus 2:9-10 (New International Version)



1 comment:

  1. Amen Shawn You are Beautiful inside and out ...Reflecting the Light of JESUS ☼ Much love and appreciation for you ,my dear sister in Christ ♥~God Bless you always ~♥

    ReplyDelete

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me