Translate

Friday, August 13, 2010

Day 277 of Giving Thanks

Hope is the word I am clinging to right now. This is a great outpouring of truth in action. Preparation is the hardest part for me, as it demands me to be disciplined and diligent in my work – and with so many things that distract me and things that work to keep me from the “task at hand”. And, for me, right now the task is moment by moment to help others get what they want. This is my joy. Giving of my time – loving the people I work with and honoring what God calls me to do.

“Therefore, prepare your minds for action; be self-controlled; set your hope fully on the grace to be given you when Jesus Christ is revealed.” ~1 Peter 1:13 (New International Version)

"So roll up your sleeves, put your mind in gear, be totally ready to receive the gift that's coming when Jesus arrives. Don't lazily slip back into those old grooves of evil, doing just what you feel like doing. You didn't know any better then; you do now. As obedient children, let yourselves be pulled into a way of life shaped by God's life, a life energetic and blazing with holiness. God said, "I am holy; you be holy." ~1 Peter 1:13 (The Message)

I love this, for without getting in, and doing what is necessary, maybe even getting dirty and messy, we are idle and docile in our lives. And, as this work is done (for Him, with His strength), I keep my eyes on what is to come, where I will to be when I am truly with Him.

What an amazing thought to keep me moving forward, especially when distractions of people and things that don’t go “according to plan” jump in to my path. Today, I set into motion something that is the scariest thing I have done in a very long time. And, through fear I will persist. I am grateful for the powerful force around me and in me, and the watchful eyes upon me, and because of this I will win; I will know victory in dignity and with integrity.

“I, Peter, am an apostle on assignment by Jesus, the Messiah, writing to exiles scattered to the four winds. Not one is missing, not one forgotten. God the Father has his eye on each of you, and has determined by the work of the Spirit to keep you obedient through the sacrifice of Jesus. May everything good from God be yours!” ~1 Peter 1:1-2 (The Message)

3 comments:

  1. "Roll up your sleeves, put your mind in gear" - great advice! Thank you for the reminder that things should be done for Him and with His strength. May good things come to you through your faith and action.

    ReplyDelete
  2. “God's name is a place of protection— good people can run there and be safe.” ~Proverbs 18:10

    ReplyDelete

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me