Translate

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Day 281 of Giving Thanks

I believe in miracles, do you?

If I wrote everything down that was going on with me since last Wednesday, someone would probably recommend a psyche evaluation.  It has been interesting to say the least. My lesson is never to stop praising, especially through the storms and bad times. He is listening. Our God is not a fair-weather God, and He does not want a fair-weather body. I was on the verge of going to the doctor, although describing myself like a “fruit roll-up” probably would not have gone very far, and an hour ago, like “that”, I felt almost back to normal – and totally functioning. My God is an awesome God!

As I prepared to pray for others this morning, I had determined that my time was meant to be in His presence as much as possible. I listened to all my favorite worship songs and a couple of them a few times.  And, in my silence today, I was peaceful, after yesterday I had no idea what to expect with my “feelings” today. In 2 Chronicles 20, it is a story of God going before His people, and the people being prepared, being obedient and following God’s commands.

"Give thanks to the LORD,
       for his love endures forever."


I am grateful to have the many assurances through His word. As I continue on my quest, His quest, I am grateful for His presence, His peace, His power and His promises. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me