Translate

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Day 290 of Giving Thanks



Today, as I literally collapse after a long day of painting, catching up on 3 weeks of laundry, and general house-work, I am now relaxing and catching up with my reading. This is has been such a busy week, that the time I usually set aside for reading did not happen. In a normal week, I will read 2-3 blogs a day, plus another 1-4 articles, depending on my time. I am feeling illiterate this week – even my time with God, and in the scripture has been shortened with my hectic schedule.

I am so thankful that even after years of avoiding Facebook, I finally did arrive here – and my life has been truly blessed by the people I have met, and who have influenced my walk with the Lord.  As the life I knew unraveled, I was set up with some wonderful new friends and resources –you all helped me get through those days – and I was well into the habit of writing Giving Thanks Daily when I was reeling from the changes that were happening, and isn’t God’s timing is perfect?

Lord, I pray today for my friends, the connections I have – old and new. I pray for those who know You that they will grow in their knowledge and faith; and I lift those up who do not know You yet, that they will realize Your part, Your desire to know them and their need for You.  Almighty Father, I pray that I can be used– and my life glorifies You. In all things, I desire to resemble Christ.

And as I close out my day, I read 1 Timothy, and was struck by the following:

Simple Faith and Plain Truth
“The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know. Pray especially for rulers and their governments to rule well so we can be quietly about our business of living simply, in humble contemplation. This is the way our Savior God wants us to live.
"He wants not only us but everyone saved, you know, everyone to get to know the truth we've learned: that there's one God and only one, and one Priest-Mediator between God and us—Jesus, who offered himself in exchange for everyone held captive by sin, to set them all free. Eventually the news is going to get out. This and this only has been my appointed work: getting this news to those who have never heard of God, and explaining how it works by simple faith and plain truth.” ~1 Timothy 2:1-7 (The Message)
“I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone—for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all men—the testimony given in its proper time.  ~1 Timothy 2:1-6 (New International Version)

© 2012 Shawn Boreta, Giving Thanks Daily
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me