Translate

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Day 293 of Giving Thanks

We always have people in our lives who try with all their might to get a response – and truly expect a lecture or sermon because I am a Christian. I trust that the Lord will handle any reprimanding of non-believers and those who oppose Him – and arguing and preaching will not come from me. I had one such incident I am grateful that lesson came early in my Christian life.

There was one such comment on a posting of Psalm 93 I did yesterday. And my response is simple. “In friendship, you love the other person for who they are - and mutually respect one another's view. I will keep on my path. Repeating the pattern of loving everyone no matter what! And, it feels pretty darn good doing so.” My prayer is to always be loving, to cherish my enemies, to love the unlovely – and through my journey, God is sure to lay people in my path to ensure that this will be accomplished.

In my walk, on this road as I live out my journey, I am confirmed daily. I am grateful for these tattered shoes – that have journeyed so many miles. And ready for more.

Yesterday, as I put on these shoes, I decided to commit to reading one Bible book at a time, chapter by chapter. I started in Philippians at the recommendation of the study I am doing – and God is so good.

“Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus.” ~Philippians 2:5

I meditated on the chapter, and re-digested it at lunch time.

“Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe as you hold out the word of life – in order that I may boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor for nothing..” ~Philippians 2:14-16

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me