Translate

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Day 287 of Giving Thanks

My favorite time of the year is summer, and this year we have not had very much of it; however yesterday and today were beautiful, high 80s are perfect for me. Today as I woke up, I could already feel the heat pour into my soul, and as I got into my car to head to work, it was like rushing waves of warmth and comfort. The sun seeped deeply into my body. It is truly my power and energy source.

I am grateful for the sunshine, really no matter what season – the sun is my refuge, I am like a sunflower; I will always follow the sun. And, my walk as a Christian is just like that sunflower, I will always follow the son. My life is to emulate, and attract others to the son – to become fellow son worshipers.  And, as I think about how awesome that is, I know that He is my power and energy source; one that is unending, and constant; one that is not seasonal, but eternal.

We proclaim him, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone perfect in Christ. To this end I labor, struggling with all his energy, which so powerfully works in me." ~Colossians 1:28-29

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me