Translate

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Day 286 of Giving Thanks

August 22nd, 1998 my life changed forever. As my card said to Chris for our anniversary, “This may not be the happily ever after we had in mind, but it’s our happily ever after”.  I would not trade a second of it for anything. I believe it is the best place for me spiritually and emotionally.  We celebrated our twelfth, or as he calls it our “plus ten”, which comes from his family telling us the day before our wedding, that we wouldn’t make it two.

It has not been a straight and easy road; we have had many turns, road-blocks, both minor and major detours, as well as full stops. But we are still moving along this journey, and for me, I love him more today than I ever have. I am grateful that it is a labor of love, because with good work, the accomplishment is that much sweeter.

I am grateful that he has put up with all my fanaticism, insecurities, ideas (good and bad), my whims and my dreams. I am grateful that we can still talk about dreams together – and although our ideas are very different on how to obtain them, we are moving in the same direction. Tomorrow will be day one of our next twelve years. All glory goes to God for His love and guidance for our marriage; and I praise God for all He has done to keep me grounded in the right things, and how to be a better wife. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me