Translate

Monday, August 30, 2010

Day 292 of Giving Thanks

“Are You saying that I have to love the unlovely? How could You ask me to do that? It is painful, frustrating, unproductive and so darn uncomfortable.”

This is a conversation I had with God recently. It actually went on and on – and patiently, lovingly and through my tears, I heard His answer – “because I love you….” And really that was all I needed to hear. There are times when, even before I go before God, that I know the answer – and yet, I ask anyway. I complain about my circumstance anyway. It truly is about proper perspective – He died for me, one of the unlovely.

"And what is eternal life? It is knowing you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.” ~John 17:3

In the mirror, searching my eyes for You, I am grateful that I do seek You, that my life is not void and without purpose. I am grateful that because I have You in my life, my life is full and purposeful. Lord, I am emptying myself so that I can be filled with Your light and purpose.


As I am convicted, the tears dry and leave no stain. And I am renewed, I am restored and I am refreshed in knowing that my pleas are heard. I am grateful that my time spent is self pity or dwelling in the past, is minor today. It is when I fully remember what I have, where I came from and what He has done, that I know true joy. And in these realizations through His love and tenderness, I can love the unlovely – because he loves me; one of the unlovely – and oh, how I am thankful.

“Hallelujah! Praise God in his holy house of worship, praise him under the open skies; 
Praise him for his acts of power,  praise him for his magnificent greatness; 
Praise with a blast on the trumpet, praise by strumming soft strings; Praise him with castanets and dance, praise him with banjo and flute; Praise him with cymbals and a big bass drum, praise him with fiddles and mandolin. Let every living, breathing creature praise GOD! 
      
Hallelujah!” ~Psalm 150:1 (The Message)

2 comments:

  1. Awesome Post! Thanks for sharing Shawn. What a great truth to hold on to...we are unlovely but He has chosen to love us. This is love...not that we loved him but that He loved us...therefore we also ought to love one another!

    :)
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This means so much coming from you... one of my mentors. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me