Monday, August 30, 2010

Day 292 of Giving Thanks

“Are You saying that I have to love the unlovely? How could You ask me to do that? It is painful, frustrating, unproductive and so darn uncomfortable.”

This is a conversation I had with God recently. It actually went on and on – and patiently, lovingly and through my tears, I heard His answer – “because I love you….” And really that was all I needed to hear. There are times when, even before I go before God, that I know the answer – and yet, I ask anyway. I complain about my circumstance anyway. It truly is about proper perspective – He died for me, one of the unlovely.

"And what is eternal life? It is knowing you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.” ~John 17:3

In the mirror, searching my eyes for You, I am grateful that I do seek You, that my life is not void and without purpose. I am grateful that because I have You in my life, my life is full and purposeful. Lord, I am emptying myself so that I can be filled with Your light and purpose.


As I am convicted, the tears dry and leave no stain. And I am renewed, I am restored and I am refreshed in knowing that my pleas are heard. I am grateful that my time spent is self pity or dwelling in the past, is minor today. It is when I fully remember what I have, where I came from and what He has done, that I know true joy. And in these realizations through His love and tenderness, I can love the unlovely – because he loves me; one of the unlovely – and oh, how I am thankful.

“Hallelujah! Praise God in his holy house of worship, praise him under the open skies; 
Praise him for his acts of power,  praise him for his magnificent greatness; 
Praise with a blast on the trumpet, praise by strumming soft strings; Praise him with castanets and dance, praise him with banjo and flute; Praise him with cymbals and a big bass drum, praise him with fiddles and mandolin. Let every living, breathing creature praise GOD! 
      
Hallelujah!” ~Psalm 150:1 (The Message)

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me

About Me

My photo

I love people. My life has been spent seeking new friendships and helping others. God's gifting is being worked out into His plan for me. I am excited to share insights of His leadings and lessons.