Translate

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Day 276 of Giving Thanks

Yesterday morning I felt like a fruit roll up. Like I was stuck but pliable enough to move and be lifted. In my mind, I am dancing around, jumping up and down and I just keep going as though my energy source is endless. My heart is filled with the hope that this will be true. So, as I drifted off to sleep that is what I thought about; boundless energy – overflowing and abundant!

I can’t say that I was bouncing off the walls, or even skipping down the hallway first thing this morning, but I am upright and getting through another day at work. My mind is clear and pace is steady – this is a start. As I look up I see a verse stuck to my desk… right above Matthew 11:28 – a permanent resident at eye level. I am grateful for these reminders – that my eyes can see, and my mind can take in all the promises of God. And all of the hope I know when I read His word.


What I see on my desk...

  • “For You Lord are Good, and ready to forgive (my doubt), And abundant in mercy to all those (me) who call upon You.” ~Psalm 86:5 (torn from a donor’s return mailing label, many months ago.)
  • I am who God says I am. (a laminated tiny banner as a personal reminder!)
  • "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." ~Matthew 11:28-30 (on a Post-it note, hand written has been there since my first week working here)
  • In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.”  Matthew 5:16 (a verse chosen for a thank you card for donors)


And, as I read through Psalm 86, again, there are several things than stand out for me today. Lord, I thank You.

“Bend an ear, GOD; answer me. I'm one miserable wretch!
   Keep me safe—haven't I lived a good life?
      Help your servant—I'm depending on you!
   You're my God; have mercy on me.
      I count on you from morning to night.
   Give your servant a happy life;
      I put myself in your hands!
   You're well-known as good and forgiving,
      bighearted to all who ask for help.
   Pay attention, GOD, to my prayer;
      bend down and listen to my cry for help.
   Every time I'm in trouble I call on you,
      confident that you'll answer.” ~ Psalm 86:1-7 (The Message)

Psalm 86 (Amplified Bible)
A Prayer of David.

"1 INCLINE YOUR ear, O Lord, and answer me, for I am poor and distressed, needy and desiring. 2 Preserve my life, for I am godly and dedicated; O my God, save Your servant, for I trust in You [leaning and believing on You, committing all and confidently looking to You, without fear or doubt]. 3 Be merciful and gracious to me, O Lord, for to You do I cry all the day. 4 Make me, Your servant, to rejoice, O Lord, for to You do I lift myself up. 5 For You, O Lord, are good, and ready to forgive [our trespasses, sending them away, letting them go completely and forever]; and You are abundant in mercy and loving-kindness to all those who call upon You.
"6 Give ear, O Lord, to my prayer; and listen to the cry of my supplications. 7 In the day of my trouble I will call on You, for You will answer me. 8 There is none like unto You among the gods, O Lord, neither are their works like unto Yours. 9 All nations whom You have made shall come and fall down before You, O Lord; and they shall glorify Your name. 10 For You are great and work wonders! You alone are God.11 Teach me Your way, O Lord, that I may walk and live in Your truth; direct and unite my heart [solely, reverently] to fear and honor Your name. 12 I will confess and praise You, O Lord my God, with my whole (united) heart; and I will glorify Your name forevermore.13For great is Your mercy and loving-kindness toward me; and You have delivered me from the depths of Sheol [from the exceeding depths of affliction].
"14 O God, the proud and insolent are risen against me; a rabble of violent and ruthless men has sought and demanded my life, and they have not set You before them. 15 But You, O Lord, are a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in mercy and loving-kindness and truth. 16 O turn to me and have mercy and be gracious to me; grant strength (might and inflexibility to temptation) to Your servant and save the son of Your handmaiden. 17 Show me a sign of [Your evident] goodwill and favor, that those who hate me may see it and be put to shame, because You, Lord, [will show Your approval of me when You] help and comfort me.

© 2010 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150418958162809

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me