Translate

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Day 291 of GivingThanks

“Take the old prophets as your mentors. They put up with anything, went through everything, and never once quit, all the time honoring God. What a gift life is to those who stay the course! You've heard, of course, of Job's staying power, and you know how God brought it all together for him at the end. That's because God cares, cares right down to the last detail.” ~James 5:10-11

Last week was a week of perseverance and I am so blessed that I have acquired a “never” quit attitude and that now, it is backed up with the greatest power ever. I could obviously never compare my trials or tragedies with Job – the heartache alone would have defeated most men (women) – the perseverance is one that comes only from God – for if anyone had to depend on their own power, powerlessness would be met head on.

Many times over the last several months, I have had times of defeat, overwhelming despair and physical pain, and no matter how my circumstances look, I can never again have an outlook of anything but powerfulness – one that is strengthened by getting to know my creator.

“I have told you these things so that you will be filled with my joy. Yes, (my)  joy overflows! “ ~John 15:11 (New Living Translation)

Today, I see my life as a work of the master – one that is being molded toward perfection – and until then, every detail counts, and every second matters.

“Those who stop associating with dishonorable people will be honored. They will be set apart for the master’s use, prepared to do good things. Stay away from lusts which tempt young people. Pursue what has God’s approval. Pursue faith, love, and peace together with those who worship the Lord with a pure heart.” 2 Timothy 2:21-22 (GOD’S WORD Translation)

© 2011 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta                    
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me